Monday, August 31, 2009

New view


Ever since we moved into our home 3+ years ago, we knew we wanted to redo our porch for multiple reasons, including: it was falling apart, our gutter downspout had no place to go except right on top of it, animals were living under it, and let's not even talk about how "attractive" our logs were.  It's done now!  And it's still hard to believe it's so.  I used to cringe every time I'd drive up to our home and want to hide somewhere so no one would know I was the one responsible for the unkept yard.  I don't have to cringe anymore!


Day 1 - they went to town ripping up concrete... we were glued to the windows.
We had a concrete graveyard at the end of the day.
Smoothing out the steps after pouring the new concrete.
We took out a few boulders in this section and added steps up to our law.  They're so fun to use.  I can't wait for all the ground cover to fill in all the crevices.
Our porch is so inviting and classy now.  I'm sooo happy we decided to do it!

Some side-by-side comparisons:  (click on pic to enlarge)






















4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a big job and hassle. It looks like it really paid off though. I can't wait to come visit and see it in person :)

Trent and Steph said...

It looks so good!!! I'm excited to see it.

Jacci Halliday said...

I LOVE IT! Yay!

Andrea & Eric's Blog said...

Your landscaping looks terrific. What a wonderful improvement.
We can't wait to see you soon.
Love
Karen