Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Johnny!!!

I can't believe it is already July!! And here my boy is already 2 years old! Where does the time go? We are so thankful Jonathan entered our lives 2 years ago at 6:13PM. He has brought us so much happiness that we don't know what we'd do without him.

Some special things about Johnny include:
His Smile- it absolutely lights up a room. And don't you just want to grab his cheeks?
The Way He Snuggles With You- you are supposed to put his blanky on your shoulder and then he curls up into it.
Going To Bed- after laying him in bed he says, "kiss," so I give him another kiss and then he says, "kiss," and so I give him another kiss. And he'll keep saying it until you somehow pull yourself away. (which is hard to do. I could kiss him all day.)
Trucks- Johnny loves "Big Trucks," and lucky for him there seems to always be work going on in the neighborhood and we'll see "DIGGERS" drive by.
Orange- This kid is so drawn to the color orange. Whenever he sees something that is orange, he excitedly points and says orange and wants you to acknowledge what he found. Whenever there is a choice (which crayon to use, what color plate or cup to give him, which free balloon he'll get at the grocery store) it is orange. I love that he didn't have to tell me that's his favorite color, just by knowing and observing him I know it is.

That's one of my favorite things about having children... I get to know these two little people better than anyone else in the world. I know their little likes and dislikes and what makes them happy and sad. I am the one who gets to see the first smile of the day, and the one who knows how to make them feel better when they get hurt. I am so blessed to have been given the opportunity to have this amazing motherhood experience.

1 comment:

Dick Hanneman said...

Boy is Johnny growing. We miss you all. Come see us again soon.
Love
Aunt Karen